Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Haney Wordle

My boss's boss posted on this cool new thing today; it's called "Wordle". It is a tool that creates a word cloud from any text that you input. The sizes of words are based on the frequency in which they occur in the text. It is really interesting to play around with different groups of words and see how they turn out. Here I took the words from our home page. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something I really like about this! It is like a quick intuitive way of turning words into pictures. If you click on the image to the left you can see the larger version.
I also did one based on the lyrics from all of the songs we sing at the Warehouse. When I made it not only did the prominent words bring a smile to my face, but notice the shape! Have fun trying out this new tool/toy. It can be addictive, so don't say I didn't warn you!

No comments: